Category archives: Blog
We love it when a wedding comes together with all the right elements; a great couple, awesome location, beautiful weather, touching speeches and an energetic crowd! And its even better when a wedding has a little something that sets it apart from others. We started 2015 with a bang, or more specifically Sasha and Chris. They invited us to film their new year wedding at Coal Harbour, Vancouver and what a day it was. Not only did the sun shine brightly but we got to work with possibly the easiest going couple in the world. Plus we were joined by Kristy and Ken from Blush photography who are good friends of ours (you’ll see several of their pics across our website) and Briar from Epic Events who we have worked with several times before. It was also great to bump into Darian Kovacs who we worked with on a wedding in Whistler a year ago. We were really impressed with how he conducted his ceremony and he gave us some great audio snippets to work into this film.
There really is something special about new year. A time for reflection, excitement and the climax to a period of time spent with loved ones. And the realization that we’re all on a giant spaceship that just flew AROUND the sun! We wanted this film to feel epic and intimate at the same time. Beautiful and emotional, yet fun and full of energy. Because thats exactly what the day was. We hope you enjoy!
One of our favourite things ever? FIREWORKS!! We had them at our own wedding and we always secretly hope that every wedding we film will have them. Unfortunately Canada is a little less liberal with its pyrotechnics than our Italian friends so its a nice surprise when a couple lets us know that they have a late night treat planned for their guests. Chelsea and Connor were married on a beautiful Septembers afternoon out on the lawn at Hart House (one of our favourite venues). They’ve been through a lot together and you could really feel their love and respect for each other as they read their vows. More importantly they both know how to have a good time and we truly believe they enjoyed an emotional and beautiful day.
Our second wedding at Bear Mountain in two weeks! I gotta say its not a bad place to be shooting at! Karen and Terry asked us to be a part of their wedding and it really did feel special to us as we got to spend a little longer with them and their family than most couples. They asked us to film their engagement party in March which we combined with a little interview/lifestyle shoot to create a video they could play at their reception. We then re-joined them at the end of August for 2 days of Indian-style celebration (they really knew how to celebrate!). Karen and Terry were so inviting and allowed us to follow them around for pretty much the entire time we were there – we were especially glad to capture Terry and Co’s exquisite golf skills ; )
Hair and Make Up: Danielle West @ All Dolled Up Make Up and Hair Studio
Photographer: Whitney Lane Photography
Planner: Epic Events
We always love it when we get to shoot at iconic Vancouver locations and Granville Island is definitely up there at the top of our list. Great ambience, scenery and the place just glows as the sun goes down. We’ve known Jen and Mike for several years and it was an honour to be asked to film their big day. Its clear to see how much Jen and Mike adore each other and the day really was a series of tender and beautiful moments, one after the other. Whitney picked some great locations for the photo shoot around Van Dusen Gardens and Jen looked absolutely stunning with the hair and make up by Danielle. We were stoked to have such a great team on the day, made even better by the fact that we had all known the couple and their friends for a long time. Congrats Jen and Mike – we’re so happy for you guys.
One of the best things about destination weddings is that we really get the time to spend with the couple, their friends and their family. We can capture footage before the wedding day, all the preparations and most importantly build an extra level of comfort between ourselves and the guests so that everyone gets a little more used to having a camera around! Jo and Matt decided to get married in a little village called Oliviella, near to Sitges in Spain. As you can see they spent the week surrounded by stunning scenery and their closest friends and family. Being a smaller destination wedding we kept our “footprint” as small as possible; Mark shot the whole thing with minimal equipment (1 camera, 2 prime lenses!) and Danielle concentrated on providing Make-up and Hair services (she also owns All Dolled Up Make Up and Hair Studio in Vancouver).
We had great fun on the day, especially as we were working with our favourite photographers, Ken and Kristy from Blush Wedding Photography (they shot our wedding too!). We hope you enjoy the film!
Jo: “Amazing. I cried. Let’s do it again”
Matt: “Yeah, I cried too. BEAUTIFUL mate”
Photography (including the pic above!) by Blush Wedding Photography, Make up and hair by All Dolled Up Studio
We’re so proud to be one of the first Vancouver Wedding Videography companies to be offering slow motion booths. These are the hottest thing in weddings right now and can be run in unison with a traditional photo booth. They are a great way to kickstart a party and keep the energy alive through the night. With silly costumes, TONS of glitter, silly string, props, bubbles (and who know what else) and some outrageous moves, we can guarantee that you’ll be the proud owner of a super fun film that will compliment the rest of your package perfectly.
- Filmed and edited by Mark Relf Additional cinematography by Chris Ricci Photography by Vasia Photography Make up and hair by Kaitlin Hargreaves Many of our couples write to each other on the mo[...]
- Filmed and edited by Mark Relf Additional cinematography by Chris Ricci Photography by Gucio Photography Make up and hair by All Dolled Up make up and hair studio I'm not sure I've ever seen [...]
- Filmed and edited by Mark Relf Planning by Sweetheart Events Photography by Suzanne Le Stage Make up by Shimmer and Gloss Hair by Alana Lyla We recently had a crazy weekend of BC wedding fil[...]
- Directed by Mark Relf Additional cinematography by Daniel Brand Planning by Petite Pearl Events Photography by Cindi Wicklund Make up and hair by Jayna Marie Officiant Young, Hip and Marrie[...]
- Its Mothers day! And as a cinematographer what you do you? You collect some of the best footage of your beautiful baby over the last 6 months (Isla was born in November) and make a mini film for your [...]
- We recently had a fantastic time with Nikko and Darell, filming their wedding and other fun activities from the week. It was clear right from the get-go that this wedding would have tons of energy a[...]
- We've had a great couple of weeks here at Kismet HQ. A new edit suite, a string of bookings (2 slots left for 2015 folks, book fast!) and two features in Style Me Pretty! First up was our New Year Va[...]
- We love filming weddings in Vancouver, but at this time of year we gotta get out! Nikko and Darell invited us to join them in Mexico for the week and we had a blast! We shot a bunch of footage with th[...]
- Directed by Mark Relf Additional Cinematography by Alvin Keung Planning by Epic Events Photography by Blush Wedding Photography Make up and hair by Mink Officient Darian Kovacs We love it whe[...]
- ......we film other stuff! We are a team of creative individuals who thrive on new challenges and interesting ideas so it should come as no surprise that we love to spread our wings a little and d[...]
- Happy new year to all our friends, family and wonderful clients! We started 2015 with a bang, or more specifically Sasha and Chris. They invited us to film their new year wedding at Coal Harbour, Va[...]
- We're so proud to be given a "Best Wedding Videography/Cinematography"Award at the BC Wedding Awards in Vancouver! We submitted Jo and Matts destination wedding and to our delight it came out on top[...]