Category archives: Blog
Hair and Make Up: Danielle West @ All Dolled Up Make Up and Hair Studio
Photographer: Whitney Lane Photography
Planner: Epic Events
We always love it when we get to shoot at iconic Vancouver locations and Granville Island is definitely up there at the top of our list. Great ambience, scenery and the place just glows as the sun goes down. We’ve known Jen and Mike for several years and it was an honour to be asked to film their big day. Its clear to see how much Jen and Mike adore each other and the day really was a series of tender and beautiful moments, one after the other. Whitney picked some great locations for the photo shoot around Van Dusen Gardens and Jen looked absolutely stunning with the hair and make up by Danielle. We were stoked to have such a great team on the day, made even better by the fact that we had all known the couple and their friends for a long time. Congrats Jen and Mike – we’re so happy for you guys.
One of the best things about destination weddings is that we really get the time to spend with the couple, their friends and their family. We can capture footage before the wedding day, all the preparations and most importantly build an extra level of comfort between ourselves and the guests so that everyone gets a little more used to having a camera around! Jo and Matt decided to get married in a little village called Oliviella, near to Sitges in Spain. As you can see they spent the week surrounded by stunning scenery and their closest friends and family. Being a smaller destination wedding we kept our “footprint” as small as possible; Mark shot the whole thing with minimal equipment (1 camera, 2 prime lenses!) and Danielle concentrated on providing Make-up and Hair services (she also owns All Dolled Up Make Up and Hair Studio in Vancouver).
We had great fun on the day, especially as we were working with our favourite photographers, Ken and Kristy from Blush Wedding Photography (they shot our wedding too!). We hope you enjoy the film!
Jo: “Amazing. I cried. Let’s do it again”
Matt: “Yeah, I cried too. BEAUTIFUL mate”
Photography (including the pic above!) by Blush Wedding Photography, Make up and hair by All Dolled Up Studio
We’re so proud to be one of the first Vancouver Wedding Videography companies to be offering slow motion booths. These are the hottest thing in weddings right now and can be run in unison with a traditional photo booth. They are a great way to kickstart a party and keep the energy alive through the night. With silly costumes, TONS of glitter, silly string, props, bubbles (and who know what else) and some outrageous moves, we can guarantee that you’ll be the proud owner of a super fun film that will compliment the rest of your package perfectly.
- We've had a great couple of weeks here at Kismet HQ. A new edit suite, a string of bookings (2 slots left for 2015 folks, book fast!) and two features in Style Me Pretty! First up was our New Year Va[...]
- We love filming weddings in Vancouver, but at this time of year we gotta get out! Nikko and Darell invited us to join them in Mexico for the week and we had a blast! We shot a bunch of footage with th[...]
- Directed by Mark Relf Additional Cinematography by Alvin Keung Planning by Epic Events Photography by Blush Wedding Photography Make up and hair by Mink Officient Darian Kovacs We love it whe[...]
- ......we film other stuff! We are a team of creative individuals who thrive on new challenges and interesting ideas so it should come as no surprise that we love to spread our wings a little and d[...]
- Happy new year to all our friends, family and wonderful clients! We started 2015 with a bang, or more specifically Sasha and Chris. They invited us to film their new year wedding at Coal Harbour, Va[...]
- We're so proud to be given a "Best Wedding Videography/Cinematography"Award at the BC Wedding Awards in Vancouver! We submitted Jo and Matts destination wedding and to our delight it came out on top[...]
- Directed, shot and edited by Mark Relf Cinematography by Laurent Danis Photography by Randal Kurt Make up and Hair by Tasha Vu Planning by Aird Events Fireworks by FireWX One of our favourite [...]
- Our second wedding at Bear Mountain in two weeks! I gotta say its not a bad place to be shooting at! Karen and Terry asked us to be a part of their wedding and it really did feel special to us as we[...]
- We're so proud of J+M's rock n' roll wedding film and now it's been featured on Style Me Pretty! Thanks to all the amazing vendors that helped make this wedding so amazing: Epic Events, All Dolled Up [...]
- Directed, shot and edited by Mark Relf Additional cinematography by Laurent Danis Photography by Blush Wedding Photography Planning by Coco Events and Weddings
- Hair and Make Up: Danielle West @ All Dolled Up Make Up and Hair Studio Photographer: Whitney Lane Photography Planner: Epic Events We always love it when we get to shoot at iconic Vancouver loca[...]
- One of the best things about destination weddings is that we really get the time to spend with the couple, their friends and their family. We can capture footage before the wedding day, all the prep[...]